Monday, May 18, 2009

Panic

I think I have made a HUGE mistake! 2 years ago I went back to school, started working in an accounting office, and now have a BS in accounting... and it makes my stomach hurt. Am I just getting nervous because my job hunt is taking so long? Am I just over worked and over tired? Or did I pick the wrong career path and just waste years of my life and tens of thousands of dollars?!

The thought of payroll tax impounds, 1099 reconciliations, income taxes, and GL posting all make me want to hurl. Oh man maybe I should have gone to nursing school! AAARRRRGGGGG!!!!!

Quick get me a paper bag!

Anyone regret their chosen profession? I sure hope I'm just suffering from major rampaging PMS. I think my husband might have a heart attack if I tell him I hate what I'm doing.

Maybe I need to focus the job search on managerial accounting. No payroll deadlines, no stupid taxes, no never ending accounts payable... That's right, it doesn't have to be bookkeeping crap for eternity... there are other options. Deep Breath... Deep Breath... Deep Breath... Okay, I may just make it.

-Smarty Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment