Thursday, May 7, 2009

In Laws



There are some things in life I would be happy to do without. In-Laws are at the top of my list. I'll spare you the unpleasant details of our history, but you'd think by now they'd be tired of it all. I'm sure in the beginning attempted sabotage of our relationship was fun and exciting. Bribes, lies, manipulations, interventions, intimidation, threats... woohoo let the good times roll. I guess I should give them credit for their endurance, determination, and stamina. 10 years and a handful of kids later and they are still at it.

"Hey mom, Wife and the kids are leaving Thursday to visit the grandparents, want to drive down for a visit since I haven't seen you for a year?"

"So your finally separating?!"

"No! We were going to go as a family but at the last second I couldn't get the time off work"

"Oh well that's too bad"
---------

"Son, I really don't want to have any more grandkids"

"Why do you even care, you hardly see the ones you have"

"Regardless, don't let your wife talk you into any more kids. I'd be happy to pay for your vasectomy... it could be our little secret."
---------

No comments:

Post a Comment