Monday, July 6, 2009

Can I just quit my life?

In an attempt to amuse you I was prepared to write a big long funny narrative that ended in my most recent failed attempt at a new job.  But in the end I'm just to bummed to do it.  I think list form works best...

- 3 phone interviews
- 1 flight out of state for in person interview
- 3 hours of testing
- candidates narrowed from 100 to 3
- dreams crushed with one simple email, "thanks but no thanks"

I've been trying to prepare myself for it but man it hurt to see those words.  It made me want to puke.  I don't know if I have enough left in me to continue the search.  Well that's what I think for about 10 seconds till I realize how completely lame my job is and that I will take a million more rejections on the slight chance there will someday be a yes. 

-Smarty Pants

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/07/2009

    Aw...don't quit. You have to kiss lots of frogs before you find your prince :) I'm only saying that because I had plenty of rejects but what I finally found in the end was a perfect fit and has been a huge blessing for us.

    -Runt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate my job. Let's get cool jobs!

    ReplyDelete